Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CSU EastBay Hayward test center?

lschoolgolschoolgo Member
in General 274 karma
I called CSU to know the testcenter's conditions, but no one there knows where LSAT takes place.

Anyone take LSAT at CSU Hayward? If so, which building or room you took at and who proctors the test?

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2015 3545 karma
    You won't find out until the 29th when the location gets printed on your admission ticket
  • lschoolgolschoolgo Member
    edited May 2015 274 karma
    29th? wouldn't the location be the same as the one in previous takes?

it's sort of hilarious and sad at the same time that no one at CSU East Bay seems to know anything about who/where they do the test. doesn't inspire confidence in the test center unlike Santa clara U, which was the best
    edited May 2015 3545 karma
    It may not be because I presume there are more test takers in June than in February (which is when I took it) so they may need multiple rooms or one larger room. There's also some construction going on so they might pick a building that's not in the middle of the construction zone.

I would try to remain as positive you can about the testing center since there's not much you can do about not getting SCU. It'll only stress you out. For what I've seen and based on what others said, it's a very good testing center so it should be fine, minus the longer drive.
    274 karma
    @blah170blah Not taking the June test, but need to register for the October test. Did you take the Feb 7th there? IMO it took place in ONE LARGE lecture hall in the rear of the Valley business and tech center, which has rotating chairs tied to lecture hall type desks, but it has construction going on next to it. Was there noise due to it?

I'm between this and JFKU and both have long drives but JFKU is double this. Any idea who proctors (if they keep time well, minimal disturbance)?
    Some reviews mentioned proctors being sloppy with time calling it early etc so it'd probably come down to choosing one which has better proctors.
    3545 karma
    YES!?!?! Omg we were taking the February test together and we had no idea?!

I didn't hear any noise because the tech center was really removed. Honestly, the place was freaking awesome. I did have to adjust to the rotating chairs but the table space just couldn't be beat.
    274 karma
    @blah170blah i didn't take it in Feb but knew that it took place there. For south bay residents only choices were up on the east bay. That's why I wanted to know about the proctors at CSU. Were they careful with takers in terms of punctual time keeping, giving 5 min warnings, minimizing noise and distractions for the takers? Are they university staff and students or some inexperienced ones that are hired from outside?
    i thought this would be important as some places have had no 5 min warnings, proctors fumbling with time calling the section early etc. since JFKU has a law school so proctors there are generally more careful, but need to compare CSU with it to decide for october.
    3545 karma
    Careful with timing, super quiet and respectful, and hyper efficient. Didn't spend more than 30 minutes setting up and 5 minutes packing things up. The only downside is that they didn't give a 5 minute warning. Some might consider that a blessing because it could be disruptive but I actually needed it since I forgot to set my watch sometimes