Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Explanations

in General 271 karma

When I create problem sets and check my results after completing them, I do not see explanation videos. Why is this/where can I find explanation videos? I've notices this with logical reasoning mostly.

Comments

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    852 karma

Hi there,

Sorry about that.

After taking the Problem Set, if you scroll all the way to the right of the Review Results table, you should be able to see the links to the Explanation Videos.

See the example screenshot below:

You can also find all our Explanation Videos here: https://7sage.com/lsat-explanations/

We have Explanation Videos for nearly every question in every PrepTest:
    Logical Reasoning: PrepTests 17 – 89 and PrepTest May 2020
    Logic Games: every PrepTest ever published
    Reading Comprehension: PrepTests 1 – 89 and PrepTest May 2020

Can you let me know which Explanation Videos you are trying to locate?

• 271 karma

I see the explanations for the problem sets, but for my custom problem sets, the explanation column only says "discuss" for every question.

• danchoi123danchoi123 Member
    17 karma

There aren't question explanations available for the questions on earlier PT's. You can google the stimulus for written explanations on different forums

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited May 2021 5740 karma

@theodorebakas15 said:
    I see the explanations for the problem sets, but for my custom problem sets, the explanation column only says "discuss" for every question.

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion. If you see "discuss" instead of a link to the Explanation Video, that's because we do not have a video explanation for that question.

For Logical Reasoning, we do not have video explanations for PrepTests 1 - 16.

For the questions that do not have an explanation video, you can search for any past question discussion on the Discussion Forum, by typing in the PrepTest number, section number, and question number in the search box in the following format: PT#.S#.Q#. See the GIF below where I searched for PT1.S3.Q11:

You can also post your own discussion on the Forum. When posting a question in the Forum, please use the following formats:

• Reading Comprehension (RC) questions: "PT#.S#.Q# (P#) - brief description of stimulus" E.g. PT60.S1.Q7 (P4) - weakened immune system cancer

• Logic Games (LG) questions: "PT#.S#.Q# (G#) - brief description of question" E.g. PT40.S2.Q7 (G2) - could be true of the study

• Logical Reasoning (LR) questions: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of question" E.g. PT37.S1.Q12 - Political scientist: Efforts to create a more egalitarian

You can see our Formatting Guidelines on this page.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns