Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Miscellaneous games in Flex

LSAT AbleLSAT Able Member
in General 137 karma

Does someone know how often miscellaneous logic games have appeared in the LSAT Flex so far?
Any info is appreciated!

Comments

• beggarkingbeggarking Alum Member
    43 karma

i'd say in about 3/4 of them

• thinklikealawyerthinklikealawyer Core Member
    284 karma

I had 3/4 misc games on April flex

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

@thinklikealawyer

Are you saying 3 out of the 4 games weren't standard, as in sequencing or grouping? were they games where you had seen things similar, or did they all feel brand new? I feel in all the PT's I've done, only 1 of the 4 games has been "misc.

• I took the LSAT in April and also had 3 misc games, similar to the ones from Pt 30 to PT 50 labeled as misc

• 123anami123anami Member
    edited May 2021 388 karma

@“Timmy Is an Avg Kid that No One Understands” 3 out of 4 games in a single lsat was misc?? 💀

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    2249 karma

How do you all deal with that? Miscellaneous games are death

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    edited May 2021 2042 karma

I have taken some Flex tests. For the tests I took there was a miscellaneous game for one of the games- look up the "shredder" game from October or the newspaper/reviews games from January. On another of the Flex tests there was a game that looked a lot like the swimming lap game (Pt 37 game 4). When people describe miscellaneous games keep in mind they may just be describing a game that featured grouping and sequencing or in and out and sequencing for examples. I have never seen any PT that actually had 3 or 4 misc. games. This link of misc games from powerscore might be of help for you to practice:
    https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/comprehensive-list-of-rarely-tested-logic-games-outliers-and-oddballs/

But I would say as far as preparing- be really solid in your fundamentals so that you can bank time in case of a weird game. Should you get one take a deep breath and approach it as calmly as you can. If you haven't heard the explanation video from JY for the flowers game (PT 88) this is a must listen! He explains so well how you should approach a weird game- a must for learning to have the right mental state.

• thinklikealawyerthinklikealawyer Core Member
    284 karma

@"andrew.rsn" said:
    @thinklikealawyer

Are you saying 3 out of the 4 games weren't standard, as in sequencing or grouping? were they games where you had seen things similar, or did they all feel brand new? I feel in all the PT's I've done, only 1 of the 4 games has been "misc.

3/4 games were not standard and one sequencing. It was terrible. Truly evil @LSAT writers :neutral: