Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to deal with tiny desks?

iles.18iles.18 Alum Member
in General 26 karma
So I checked out my test center, and the desks are TINY. Like maybe the size of a piece of paper. How should I deal with this?

There are some larger desks in the front but they are handicap accessible but I wouldn't really feel right sitting in one of those. I bet people are going to try to sit there though. Maybe I could ask a proctor if they are spoken for by people who need them? There are 2 desks that each fit 2 people.

Comments

• mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    If you're apply for this cycle I'd honestly move the exam up. Testing centers are all random. Some take the test seriously and do their best to help the test taker, while overs treat it as a testing mill and aren't very much concerned.

When I took my first exam I was put in the front, and the wall at the front of my testing room was connected to another room where a high school debate was going on. They used microphones, slid desks around, and constantly opened a incredibly squeaky door! I should have complained to LSAC, because that was very unprofessional, especially for a college campus!

Anyway, if you can push the exam and find another test site, I would do it. If you're taking it in June then I assume you're going for the next cycle, so you can take it in Oct/Dec. Unless this is an attempt to bargain for a larger scholarship, or a school gave you a chance to apply late.
  • Drini925Drini925 Member
    67 karma
    I took one at a center that was literally HALF the size of a piece of paper/the test itself. The administrators made each of us test takers sit so there was a seat between us... and we had to use that to place the test booklet upon, and the bubble sheet was directly in front of us at the one we were seated at. The amount of time it wasted trying to reach over to flip through the test was insane. Plus the noise it made every time each of us students moved and the wicked neck and shoulder cramps doing that gave us... it was not worth the aggravation.

Honestly, if you can push it... push it. It's not worth battling the stress and uncomfortableness on game day.

If that's not an option: you can try circling the answers in the test booklet itself. Once you fill up an entire page, then fill in the corresponding bubbles. That will save you TONS of time. HOWEVER, you have to be VERY VERY VERY VERY careful not to mess up the bubbles/mis-fill and that is very tricky under time constraints if you haven't been practicing like that.