Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for unstable internet?

patra5cgpatra5cg Member
in General 109 karma

I signed up for June exam and have an accommodation for unstable internet. I am very worried about the WIFI issue since it stopped working for several minutes at my house once when I took my PT. But I am not sure if hotel will be a better choice since it will be a unfamiliar setting and may have some unforeseeable issue. Any suggestions about this WIFI thing or any recommendations for hotel or place in Boston or MA that will have stable internet for sure?
Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited May 2021 4306 karma

Hey @patra5cg - Don't know much about stabilizing a wifi connection outside of directly hooking up an ethernet cord from your router to your laptop but I do know some hotels in Boston that have great wifi and have rarely dropped!

Wyndham Boston in Beacon Hill is easily the best - I'm guessing because its right next to MGH and hosts a lot of business events. With that said there's potential to be distracted by an ambulance since you're in proximity to the hospital.
    Cambria Hotel Boston Downtown near Broadway is also great!
    I'd also recommend Seaport Boston Hotel near the convection center :)

• patra5cgpatra5cg Member
    109 karma

I see, thank you very much!

• T-200 or bustT-200 or bust Member
    46 karma

Local libraries often rent out WIFI hotspots. I've heard of libraries also letting you reserve a study room with a computer.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

Most hotels should have a ethernet connection available. I'd just call around and verify stability... check in early and run the systems check.

• patra5cgpatra5cg Member
    109 karma

Thank you for the suggestion! I will call both libraries and hotels to verify that