Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Take June or Wait? Test Anxiety :/

lsat5everlsat5ever Core Member
in General 79 karma

Sorry for the long message - have been nervous about this upcoming flex but also don't want to lose the momentum and would so value any advice.

I started studying this past December (on and off) and took my first flex in April. Despite scoring (on average) between 168-172, I had technical difficulties and was a bit below my range & canceled my score. Looking back on it, I probably should've waited until I was consistently breaking 170 to even take the exam. Looking forward, I really want to get to a place where I am consistently breaking 172/173 (my goal being T-14).

In the time since the April exam, I've taken 9 exams with scores of 170, 167, 169, 171, 169, 169, 177, 174, and 168 respectively. Because of the range / inconsistency, I feel anxious about taking the June exam (my second try) but want to make sure I'm not making a mistake because I will likely have to take this summer off for the most part. I am entering my senior year of college so if i I moved it I would take my second try sometime next year, but I unfortunately feel like I have burned through a lot of the more recent practice tests (I've done most of the 60s, and all of the 70s and 80s). This summer, I'll be working full time and will likely have little time to study, but was planning on doing some problems from the core curriculum each week so I don't lose my progress.

I guess my two questions are 1) do you think I am correct to move my test date until I consistently am breaking 170s or did it always fluctuate for you? (I've heard of people always having variance and then hitting their best on test day, but it clearly didn't work that well for me the first time so want to be more strategic now) 2) how long would you wait to "forget" the tests I've already done? If I spend this summer doing solely problems from PTs 35 and earlier (core curriculum) and pick back up with full length PTs starting in September or October, is that enough time to forget the tests I've done from December - now? What's the best way to proceed from here so I can more confidently hit 175? (I struggle most with logic games so will definitely drill those first)

So sorry for the incredibly long message and thank you for any advice! I have to decide today or tomorrow about moving the test for free so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• jaedoncarlislejaedoncarlisle Free Trial Member
    7 karma

Take the test. This is the last LSAT Flex test and regarded generally as easier. 2 cancellations isn't awesome, but not terrible either. Also, you're nearing the end of your studying path, it seems like your return on studying at this point is somewhat marginal. Take your chance with the easier test and live with it. I wouldn't worry. Also, T14 isn't the end all.