Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do when you get stuck on a Logic Games set?

daimorrodaimorro Member
in Logic Games 75 karma

Hi All!

Any tips for how to not panic when you have absolutely no clue how to solve a Logic Games set. For example, for PT 89 - I found the Logic Games to be quite challenging and began to kind of panic LOL in the middle. But I know in real life test situations, you have to keep going.

So any advice on dealing with challenging Logic Games sets while taking the test? (e.g. skip the section, etc.)

Comments

• edited May 2021 540 karma

Right, you were alluding to one of my recommendations. Skip that game as soon as you feel like it is taking too long. Sometimes, really difficult games are sprinkled in with easy games to throw us off. But if you do the games based on your own sequence, you'll find yourself to be in a better position towards the end of the section.

If I feel that I am too nervous, in general, I try to close my eyes and take a few deep breaths. Maybe it takes 5-10 seconds, but the small sacrifice is well worth it. This especially helps if you have been practicing mindfulness for a while and your deep breaths during this time helps you enter into mindfulness temporarily.

Also, it's great that you found difficult games on PT89. Fool proof them and you will learn a lot from your mistakes. We win or we learn.

• daimorrodaimorro Member
    75 karma

@"Forever Addicted to Coffee" said:
    Right, you were alluding to one of my recommendations. Skip that game as soon as you feel like it is taking too long. Sometimes, really difficult games are sprinkled in with easy games to throw us off. But if you do the games based on your own sequence, you'll find yourself to be in a better position towards the end of the section.

If I feel that I am too nervous, in general, I try to close my eyes and take a few deep breaths. Maybe it takes 5-10 seconds, but the small sacrifice is well worth it. This especially helps if you have been practicing mindfulness for a while and your deep breaths during this time helps you enter into mindfulness temporarily.

Also, it's great that you found difficult games on PT89. Fool proof them and you will learn a lot from your mistakes. We win or we learn.

These are all great recommendations! Thank you so much! :)