Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got my highest score yet but need help

autumn.ames23autumn.ames23 Member
edited June 2021 in June 2021 LSAT 251 karma

I just took the May 2020 prep test and got a 161. I am excited about this because I had not reached the160s yet and it is the most recent prep test! However, lately, I am consistently getting 11 wrong on LR. If I could just get get four or five less wrong, I would be hitting mid to upper 160's which is my target. I specifically see that I need to work on flaw, strengthen, RRE, and MSS. Any tips or strategies for these?? I am scheduled for the June test on Sunday and haven't been doing this bad in LR until recently

Comments

• Try doing an entire day of Flaw questions, by that time you will see the consistency with the common flaws they use.

• love2learnlove2learn Free Trial Member
    edited June 2021 252 karma

Do you have a copy of the LSAT Trainer? For me with those question types (anecdotal), reading that section (the subjective question types) and then practicing some drill-set-style questions VERY SLOWLY at first helped immensely with these subjective question types. Especially to work slowly with the stimulus to: 1) identify that conclusion, 2) identify the premise(s); 3) pinpoint the flaw-gap that the author makes in their statement that 'conclusion because premise.' [Assuming that two characteristics are analogous, ... think of the four big loophole types from the Loophole book]. Pinpointing the flaws in the strengthen and weakening questions really sped up my 'flaw spotting.' Which helped on the flaw questions also. MSS is objective, so I might push that to the last spot to improve, working on the question types that are MOST likely to occur in the test on Sunday. Good luck! My test is also on Sunday, I'll be wishing you the best :). To be honest, I no longer read the question stem first, because NOT doing so forces me to identify the conclusion and break down the stimulus. (again anecdotal)

• rodik-22rodik-22 Core Member
    8 karma

I highly suggest looking up Bluprint LSAT's video on Logical Force. It helped me a lot with Flaw questions. The video called "Increase your LSAT score in 5 points in 5 minutes" or something like that... It, obviously, doesn't do that, but the lesson is super helpful!