Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many PTs

future lawyerfuture lawyer Core Member

Hello all!
I am taking the August LSAT and am almost down with the core curriculum. I will have 5 1/2-6 weeks dedicated to taking practice exams, reviewing them, and focusing on my weaknesses. Does anybody have any ideas/tips of how many PTs I should try to fit into those few weeks?
Thanks for you help and happy studying!

Comments

• 476 karma

Hey!

It depends from person to person but the recommended amount is between 1-2 PTs per week. I think you can definitely do 2 PTs and BR them really well within that timeframe.

• Arman080Arman080 Member
    165 karma

Hey

I did 1 PT a week for 5 months and then 1 PT every 3 days for a month before my June test. I highly suggest paying attention to how much you are taking away from each test from your BR and review after you get your results rather than the amount of PTs you do per week (One very well reviewed PT is much better than two half assed PTs). Anywhere between 1 to 4 is standard (4 is on the very highside, few people can do that many without burning out). So start with one and gradually move up to 2/3.

Goodluck!

• samksamk Core Member
    60 karma

I will say 2 / week with a day of BR for each. One a week is good too! Can drill sections on other days.

• future lawyerfuture lawyer Core Member
    44 karma

@samk said:
    I will say 2 / week with a day of BR for each. One a week is good too! Can drill sections on other days.

So only doing ~12 ish PTs would not be bad?

• samksamk Core Member
    60 karma

@cmk21 said:

@samk said:

Not at all, I have done 20 in 6 months of studying (including core curriculum), and I did three pt's in the three days leading up to the test (would not recommend lol) and more is not better. Quality is. That is something I need to work on, as I scored in the bottom of my PT range in June and plan on taking again in August.

• future lawyerfuture lawyer Core Member
    44 karma

@samk said:

@cmk21 said:

@samk said:

Not at all, I have done 20 in 6 months of studying (including core curriculum), and I did three pt's in the three days leading up to the test (would not recommend lol) and more is not better. Quality is. That is something I need to work on, as I scored in the bottom of my PT range in June and plan on taking again in August.

Sounds good, thank you so much!