Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many PTs the week of sept 27- oct 2

lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
in General 379 karma
Hello LSATers,
how many PTs should I do the week leading to the Oct 3 LSAT? i was thinking of 3 but I am wondering if that's too few

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    3 is way too many since you'll be taking your test at the end of the week... You're not going to be making drastic gains that last week so avoiding burnout and doing some simple maintenance should be all you're doing. I'd do 1-2 PTs early in the week at most and take off Thursday with a light bit of work Friday if you need it to calm your nerves and then maybe do a short warmup the morning of.

The last thing you need is to do too many PTs the last week and then burnout or bomb one or more of them and then start freaking out leading up to the real deal. Relax and take 'er easy dude!
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    pacifico, thank you as always!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @lpadr009 said:
    i was thinking of 3 but I am wondering if that's too few
    I was thinking maybe zero :) Just chill ... as few as possible. Maybe one.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    I'm planning on taking the undisclosed exam from Superprep 2 on the Monday or Tuesday before the exam. I will be doing some light drilling up until Thursday morning, and I will be taking the rest of Thursday and the entire Friday off.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    I'm taking my last PT Sept 26th and then just drilling, reviewing, and practicing LG games the last week. As many people have said before, I personally don't think it's a good idea to take an entire timed PT the last week (sections are fine, I think) because a) how much more can you get out of it with only a few days left and b) if your score isn't what you wanted, that could potentially psyche you out and lead to a poorer performance on test day.