Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fall 2022 admission

hammoud29hammoud29 Member
edited July 2021 in Law School Admissions 4 karma

Im currently enrolled in school for this fall as it is my last semester before graduation (december 2021) I'm planning on taking the LSAT in January 2022, would I still be able to get into law school in the fall of 2022?

Comments

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

If you're cool just going wherever they accept you, then yeah that's probably fine. But if you have a target school in mind, January is a bit late to be taking your first LSAT, especially if you don't get the score you need.

Do you feel like you absolutely have to start law school fall 2022?

• elizabethh777elizabethh777 Member
    48 karma

I agree with the comment above. I'm applying for Fall 2022 and have taken the June LSAT and will be taking it again in August and October. This is so that I can apply for ED in November. Keep in mind that your application is not considered complete until you have taken all the tests you have registered and law schools will not look at your application until then. Considering that law school admissions are done on a rolling basis this would limit your chances of getting in to most schools and is considered a bit late in the process.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Speaking as a former admissions officer, whether the January score will be accepted depends on the school you are considering. Depending on your target school, January may be too late or just fine. You should contact admissions and ask if they will accept a January score. For the more competitive programs like T14 schools, January is considered pretty late in the cycle when many of the admissions offers have already been made.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited July 2021 8318 karma

Applying with a January score means you won't be going complete until February. You can achieve good results, but there almost definitely will be detrimental effects of applying that late. IMO fine to give it a shot, but also best to make peace with reapplying should you not get a viable outcome. I applied with a January score, and while I was successful, I was also waitlisted at the majority of schools, despite bring over median.

• mdf1960mdf1960 Free Trial Member
    54 karma

It's possible, but I would not recommend taking the LSAT later than October so you can get your applications in before Thanksgiving.