Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did worse in June than in April

fullstopfullstop Member
edited July 2021 in General 169 karma

Scored a 166 in April, it's down to 161 in June. I'm not even sure of what went wrong; I felt good coming out of the test despite a proctor interruption. Threw me off on the final bit of LG (had only a couple questions left on the final game) but I was okay for RC which was the final section - I just don't know what went wrong.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I didn't expect to do this badly at all

Comments

• Kris4444Kris4444 Member
    266 karma

You are not alone! I got a 165 a year ago, 162 in October, and then up to 166 in June. In all my PTs for over a year of studying I never did as badly as a 162. Gun to my head, I still wouldn't be able to tell you what went wrong in October. I think it's important to remember that for all the amazing and inspiring posts on the Internet about 5+ point increases, there's a whole lot more people who aren't posting their less impressive experience. LSAC has even done studies (http://prelaw.umass.edu/uploads/documents/lsat-repeater-data.pdf) that show ~28% of repeat test takers who scored a 166 got a lower score the second time. I'm so sorry, I know how horrible you feel right now, and if you can't figure out what went wrong, there's not much to do but to take a day to be upset about it and then decide if you're going to try again. But for what it's worth, you are absolutely not alone. And don't forget that a 166 is still an amazing score and that's what schools are going to look at. Good luck!