Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to Start Applying to Law School

Hi, Im about to take my second LSAT this august. I was wondering when I should have all my applications pretty much finished?

Comments

• Timakay01Timakay01 Member
    33 karma

I am also taking my second LSAT this August. I think a good time would be before Thanksgiving. Good luck!

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Former admissions officer here. I agree, submitting your applications at any point before Thanksgiving will put you in the early part of the application cycle.

• ChristopherMChristopherM Member
    40 karma

Thank you both for the replies. I was unhappy about the score I got on the June LSAT. Would you still recommend I take the August LSAT and potentially October if need be while continuing the application process?

• Timakay01Timakay01 Member
    33 karma

Registration for the August LSAT is already closed. However, October would not be bad if you have all other parts of your application ready. They will probably release scores early November and you will still have a decent amount of time for applying early.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Taking the October LSAT would allow you to submit your applications before Thanksgiving, putting you in the early part of the application cycle for all schools. You could also be in a good position by taking the November exam as you would be submitting in late November/early December. Take the exam for which you feel most prepared to do your best. Good luck!