Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT/Studying tactic help

LawSk00LLawSk00L Core Member

what is the best practice in between PTs? for example, I am planning on taking 2 tests per week till the august test but I work full time so i don’t have the capability of doing BR in one day (takes me around 2 days to do BR). If I’m just taking tests (and not scoring where I want) + doing BR in between is it enough? Should I try one test a week and drill the second half of the week? Any suggestion would be great! Thank you

Comments

• noroomforcreamnoroomforcream Alum Member
    30 karma

I think this is ultimately a question that is up to preference and based on your current performance. For me personally, I like to really take my time during (and after BR) so I am confident in correcting the errors I made. I would rather take one test a week and understand every detail as opposed to taking two and not understanding the test as fluently.

That being said, some people are in a different stage in their preparation and are simply looking for repetition and practice. I would imagine these people are the one's who BR close to their target score and are only trying to fill in the gap between their timed performance and BR. Even in this instance though, careful and attentive review will only help your understanding and progress.

In short, if you think you just need practice/reps, then two tests a week might be a suitable option for you. If you have the time, however, one test a week would probably be more beneficial to learning than the former.

• catbellycatbelly Core Member
    198 karma

I have the same problem! I work FT and also trying to take one PT a week. I improve the most when I'm drilling, so after my BR, I do different drills depending on where I'm at in my progress. Some days I do an entire section untimed (this takes the longest). Some days I do a confidence drill (go through a section by picking the first, "gut" feeling answer choice). Some days I do 10 in 10, 15 in 15. Some days I just focus on games. I've seen that this breakdown of 1 PT, BR, and drills help me best. Good luck!

• LawSk00LLawSk00L Core Member
    85 karma

@noroomforcream thank you for your input! I think I'm getting nervous since the test is one month away and I feel I should be taking more PTs, but honestly it doesn't make sense to be repeating the same mistakes so going to try 1 PT a week for a couple of weeks and see if it helps!

85 karma

@jenleeva thank you for your answer! I like your approach and will definitely attempt to follow it for a couple of weeks to see if it improves my progress

• TE CSC 2021TE CSC 2021 Core Member
    148 karma

Reality is reality, right? If you can't get more than one PT in in a given week, then that's okay. The biggest thing that you need to have is daily exposure, and particularly, daily exposure under time-pressure. Your BR/Correction work aside, you have to give yourself as many chances as possible to feel and deal with the time pressure.

Contrary to what some may think, I believe you can get more out of an hour of intense, focused work than you could out of a three or four hour study marathon.

85 karma

@TECSC2021 Thank you! I agree, I have been doing just that.