Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MSS drill recommendations?

BlueRiceCakeBlueRiceCake Member
edited August 2021 in Logical Reasoning 302 karma

Hey so I suck at MSS questions. I'm great at finding the conclusion questions and MBT questions so I'm surprised I do poorly on a question type that's so related to the aforementioned types. When analyzing the stimulus, I understand what I read but I'm the type of person who needs certainty to feel like they understand something. So when inferences that are based on a subjective analysis of the stimulus, I tend to struggle. Are there any drills I could do outside of grinding MSS questions to improve on this question type?

Comments

• MissionLsatMissionLsat Member
    379 karma

MBT and MSS questions are very similar. In fact powerscore bible terms MSS questions as a part of MBT questions only. And practically too there isn't much difference. So what I would recommend you to do is to try to infer the conclusion from the stimulus before moving towards the answer choices. And in most of the MSS questions you would be able to do that.
    For eg
    If the premise says
    A arrow B arrow C
    Now you should be making the inference of A arrowC before moving towards the answer choices.
    Hope this helps.

• CashhhyyyCashhhyyy Core Member
    edited August 2021 583 karma

Hi there! I had the same problem. SO I went outside of 7 sage and hunted for other prospective to teach me MSS. Here is a video that helped me A LOT!

Real quick tips:

:) Answer: Of the five answer choices each Most Strongly Supported (MSS) question gives you, only one will have any support at all.
    :( Not Answer: The other four will be utterly unsupported.

<3 The right question to ask is which answer choice has some support and which four have no support whatsoever.
    <3 The answer would be the conclusion that you will make out from the evidence (premises)
    <3 Correct answer choice simply restates a particular statement in the stimulus in a more general way