Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Technical issues :(

coldbrewithoatcoldbrewithoat Core Member

Hi all, I just finished the August exam and I hope everyone did well! Unfortunately, I was interrupted repeatedly throughout my first RC section by a pop-up that said "reconnecting". It obscured the exam, but the time was still running. Because of this, I lost probably 10-15 minutes of exam time and had no opportunity to answer the last 7 RC questions because the pop-up was appearing every few seconds at that point. Not to mention, the entire experience was disruptive and threw me out of my flow state.

I eventually got my proctor's attention, but it was too late for the RC section. During the following section (LR), we had to pause everything at question 14 and test my WiFi speed. Not as bad as the RC, but the interruption still made it more difficult to focus.

I have a feeling that I'm not alone in this. I even tested everything multiple times on ProctorU before starting the test. Does anyone know what we can do?

Comments

• allisongonzallisongonz Member
    13 karma

Hi there. I had my august 14 LSAT exam today and I was about to start on section 3 after the intermission and it kicked me out and my proctor technician told me that my session has ended and that I need to contact LSAC. She told me that I did not click on return to exam or something but I was about to begin section 3. So it doesn’t make sense. I’m ready to give up on the LSAT ! This was my second time taking the LSAT and my first time I had issues with proctor. LSAC needs to return to in person exams because this is ridiculous. Not to mention that all the proctors technicians can barely speak English !!! So mad.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    edited August 2021 1417 karma

@delaneyivey28 I am sorry to hear about your experience.

I feel you and the proctor U experience can be dreadful. I also tested multiple times my device before my June 2021 flex but still multiple instances losing the proctor during the test. A lot of troubleshooting was needed, I lost track, and losing time during the test as well.

I ended up providing feedback to proctorU and filed a test day complaint to LSAC for a retake.

In your case, I would provide feedback to proctorU and file a complaint for a retake.

• Austin.hutchinson1Austin.hutchinson1 Core Member
    104 karma

I would file a test day complaint for sure, but they can (happened to me in April) choose not to offer the retake since you were exposed to and completed the exam. For the June exam, due to mysterious network issues on my end, I wasn't able to connect with a proctor and thus couldn't start the test at all. When I was on the phone with LSAC, they said the key difference between April and June in terms of retake eligibility was that I had actually taken the whole exam despite several major issues with the proctor, one of which caused me to lose 3-4 minutes on the LG section (angle of my webcam was apparently wrong, but old laptop had webcam embedded in keyboard, so I had to find books in my room to stack up and put the laptop on top on my desk. Horrible, bought a webcam after that. They denied me a retake though and just straight up cancelled my score instead, but other test takers have experienced different outcomes with very similar circumstances, so ymmv.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

So sorry this happened but glad you got the test completed.