Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone used Manhattan for LG: I am trying to gain on time

pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
edited June 2015 in Logic Games 477 karma
I am currently using 7sage methods for LG and have made considerable improvements. I still need to make gains time-wise. I was wondering if I could benefit from looking at some other perspectives w.r.t LG I am afraid that it might end up muddling things up since the 7sage method has worked great thus far for LG. Maybe I am getting impatient. Would love to hear from people that have made gains w.r.t time in LG

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    In my opinion, stick with J.Y since you've already become accustomed to his methods for LG. Last thing you want is to have too many ideas in your head on how to do certain things in games and confuse yourself.

If you're trying to gain time, more practise and more repetition are essential components. The more you do those, the faster you will be at drawing inferences. Maybe for each game or LG section, set a goal of how fast you'll complete them. For instance, do a full LG section as a drill and try to finish it in 30 minutes instead of 35, and reduce your time for every drill until its impossible to push yourself.

But again, this is my opinion. There could possibly be benefits of other methods for certain games, or you might understand their way of tackling games better. For that, I'll let others chime in.
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    Time comes with practice. As long as you are accurate just keep practicing and the timing will come.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Here's a writeup of what I did for LG practice and it really helped a lot and I find myself often having several extra minutes after finishing LG sections. After using this methodology they went from my worst to best section.

http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Matt1234567 said:
    If you're trying to gain time, more practise and more repetition are essential components. The more you do those, the faster you will be at drawing inferences.
    Learning a new method *might* equip you with a game-type-specific strategy that proves useful, but will do nothing to help with your timing. Timing only comes with much practice. Only very recently (having done ... many, many, many LG over the course of about 9 months) did I start to end up with extra time at the end of some sections. I had heard of this phenomenon, but had no idea how people were able to finish so quickly with high accuracy (-0–2). Then, after so many months and so many games, something has clicked for me on a few sections.

Time, practice, blood/sweat/tears: not adding in another method looking for a magic key. I mean, maybe this would be recommended as a course of action had you started with the dreaded and cumbersome Powerscore methods, but starting with 7sage is already putting you in an excellent position.
  • pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
    477 karma
    Thanks all for sharing @Pacifico I will try to incorporate your method of keeping notes. @nicole.hopkins time/practice/blood/sweat/tears :-( .
    thanks all
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @pritisharma but remember ... this is GREAT news because you LOVE the LSAT!!!