Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-take with tutor?

tori12345tori12345 Member
in General 14 karma

I scored 160 on both the April and August tests. I'm wondering if it's worth it to retake in November with the help of a tutor. Anyone have experience in the same situation?

Comments

• TE CSC 2021TE CSC 2021 Core Member
    148 karma

I'm a tutor, so I really hope that this advice is not self-serving, but the answer to your question is that yes, it's time to do something different. It's hard to study completely on your own, even with a resource as deep and useful as 7sage. If you're not moving significantly after four months of study, it's time to change programs or bring in a tutor. Tutoring dollar for dollar is probably the most effective way to move your score...you can find skilled tutors who can help you move without completely breaking the bank. The first step to doing that is to try to find a tutor who excels in teaching, not just one who can flash a 179 or 180 at you.

• PROMISED LANDPROMISED LAND Member
    340 karma

I'm practically in the same boat. I scored a 161 for the August test, but am now wondering after over a year of studying and burning through over 80 practice tests, if I need a tutor to move my score to where I need it to be.