Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking Feb re-take.. when to submit applications?

adriane.sanchez1adriane.sanchez1 Alum Member
edited January 2015 in February 2015 LSAT 7 karma
I don't know if I should wait for my scores for the February exam to come back to submit my applications? Or can I submit them and they will still consider the new score when it comes out? I feel like 6 weeks from the test is so late.

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    Scores come out closer to 3 weeks than 6 (Dec 6 test came out on New Years) IMO it doesnt make much of a difference bc they wont look at your application until you have a score.
  • msmith85msmith85 Alum Member
    213 karma
    schools will likely see that you took the feb lsat and wait to make a decision until your score comes back. that TOTALLY depends on the school though, so give the admin office a call and ask. I'm sure they will be very nice about it.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Submit them now. Many schools will accept your app and wait to process them once they've received your scores. Also, they will process you app before anyone that submits their app after the LSAT. Since many schools have a rolling basis admission, the sooner you submit your app the better.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2015 3438 karma
    Feb should be submitted now... then as soon as the scores come in, your file will be evaluated... just make sure to let the school know that you have an LSAT score pending and would want your file evaluated with the new score... though some of them might not require it, as LSAC will already indicate the same to them when it sends your CAS report, many schools like to be told that if you want them to hold your file till the new score comes in... plus its good form. I applied for Penn ED round I with a 163 a few days before the December test and even though I had a score coming, they totally rejected me. I had to call them up and tell them about the improvement in my score and submit a request for reconsideration. Other schools told me that they would know that a new score was coming but still wanted me to request an evaluation after the score came.