Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CV for Applicants who Completed Undergrad

kvitka22kvitka22 Member
in General 257 karma

Hi everyone- I'm working on creating my CV for my application and I was wondering if we should still put down extra curricular activities if we've been out of school for a while. I participated in two clubs while I was in undergrad but I graduated 4 years ago. I also currently volunteer- should I be including that? Not sure how important extra curricular activities are compared to my professional experience especially since I've been out of school for a bit. Thank you!

Comments

• TE CSC 2021TE CSC 2021 Core Member
    148 karma

I don't see any harm in including a couple of activities you participated in, particularly if you held some sort of leadership role. Be discerning, though, and don't overload. My instincts tell me that service activities are a bit more impressive than social ones, but certainly if you held a leadership position in a sorority/fraternity that's a thing to include.

• lizzogonzolizzogonzo Member
    628 karma

My mentors say yes, you should include these things because it helps them paint a more complete picture of who you are. Of course, things that are professional and law-related should be emphasized but it doesn't mean you should omit everything else. Volunteering is a great addition to your resume, and I am most certainly including mine.