Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community for chronically ill LSAT takers?

coldbrewithoatcoldbrewithoat Core Member

Hey, all!

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and initially started studying for the LSAT in June 2021. I lasted through October 2021, hit a wall, and decided to take a break to focus on my health. Since I have a dynamic disability that causes my energy to fluctuate, I struggle with skills that are crucial to a high LSAT score, like consistency and focus. I'm also neurodivergent and have high anxiety (enough said).

I just picked up studying again this week and have a 5 day streak going (one hour a day). This time around, I'm trying to be kinder to myself and develop a routine that accommodates my health needs. I am determined to reach my biggg goal (175+) despite having a disability, and so far, it's going well because I actually IMPROVED (!) on practice sets after taking my four-month break.

I would love to put together a group chat where any of us struggling with mental or physical health issues can uplift one another and share suggestions about what kind of studying works best for our brains and bodies. Let me know if this is of interest to anyone! :)

Comments

• emanseoud21emanseoud21 Core Member
    3 karma

Hello!

I'm interested! I personally struggle with fatigue when I study and what I usually do is workout before I study, then set alarms for 1.5hr intervals of studying with 30 min breaks in between. This way I force myself to practice during the 1.5 hr time frame and not dose off. Lmk if this works for you!

• coldbrewithoatcoldbrewithoat Core Member
    111 karma

@emanseoud21 said:
    Hello!

I'm interested! I personally struggle with fatigue when I study and what I usually do is workout before I study, then set alarms for 1.5hr intervals of studying with 30 min breaks in between. This way I force myself to practice during the 1.5 hr time frame and not dose off. Lmk if this works for you!

Hey, this is awesome! I made a link to a GroupMe: https://groupme.com/join_group/85324947/zHDB4NzD

This is a great technique. When I first started studying, my CFS was too bad for exercise. I've gotten back into working out recently and I find that it makes a huge difference physically and mentally, even when the exercise is low-intensity (like a walk). And a big YES to the time intervals! I am currently doing just an hour at a time and planning to work my way up!

• ArtichokeArtichoke Core Member
    41 karma

Yes, so interested!

• strugglingplantmom-1strugglingplantmom-1 Alum Member
    18 karma

Interested! I too struggle with a chronic disability, and it would be great to have support

111 karma

@Artichoke said:
    Yes, so interested!

Please join our group chat! https://groupme.com/join_group/85324947/zHDB4NzD

111 karma

@vvcorrales said:
    Interested! I too struggle with a chronic disability, and it would be great to have support

Please join the group chat!! https://groupme.com/join_group/85324947/zHDB4NzD