Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webinar: The Other Side of the Desk

Tajira McCoyTajira McCoy Member Administrator Admissions Consultant
edited July 2022 in Law School Admissions 718 karma

Greetings, 7Sagers!

On Thursday, July 14 at 8 p.m. ET, join us for a virtual panel discussion about behind-the-scenes views of the admissions process from the perspectives of different admissions officers. Hear accounts from 7Sage admissions consultants who served as senior law school admissions officers across the country about decision making and the admissions process. This session will be recorded and uploaded to our podcast for those unable to attend.

To register, click here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9Z2pe_q8SO60QIGDTV2oRA.

Comments

• crosbiec23crosbiec23 Core Member
    21 karma

Will this be recorded?

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

@crosbiec23 said:
    Will this be recorded?

Hi there,

Yes, we will release the recording on our podcast as soon as it has been edited. You can subscribe to our podcast as follows:

iTunes (Apple Podcasts) | Google Podcasts | SoundCloud

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7292 karma

I'm looking forward to this, and I hope you all can join us!

• blb65-1blb65-1 Free Trial Member
    edited July 2022 2 karma

Is an unconventional professional letter of recommendation ever OK? For example, I would like to ask the donor who endowed my position for one. Though not employed alongside me, they are highly involved in the job they created, and I have worked with them professionally many times. Thank you so much!

• Diane VegaDiane Vega Alum Member
    34 karma

When reapplying, how much of the application should be changed? Should new essays be submitted? Or can they just be modified a bit?

• bellahyeon14bellahyeon14 Member
    258 karma

I have a question about the transcript as an international applicant. I submitted my transcript that contains my grades up to my junior year, because my grades during senior year weren't uploaded at the time. The evaluation of my international transcript is still in progress right now. Today, my senior year classes and grades appeared in my transcript and so, I was wondering if I should update my transcript even when the evaluation has not been completed yet.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited July 2022 5740 karma

Thanks to everyone who attended last night's webinar, and congrats to @Summer2022, the winner of our Edit Once giveaway!

• Tajira McCoyTajira McCoy Member Administrator Admissions Consultant
    718 karma

Hi @blb65, thank you for your question! This really depends on how involved this person is with your work. A supervisor would really be preferred here over the donor nine times out of ten, because they're going to have a lot more to say specifically assessing your performance and professionalism.

718 karma

Hi @"Diane Vega", thank you for your question. Submitting the same materials is likely to garner the same decision. Fresh materials are best--your previous application will be attached to your new one, so if your documents look the same (or substantially similar), it's possible that the file will just be skimmed. Reapplicants should emphasize a continued or strengthened interest, demonstrate growth since the previous cycle, and any professional or academic development.

718 karma

Hi @bellahyeon14, It's not a bad idea to send them in now. CAS evaluations for international transcripts can take a while, so it's good to get what you can in as early as possible.

• pinkjen-1pinkjen-1 Core Member
    4 karma

Hello I was really looking forward to it. When would it be possible to hear record from the webinar? Appreciate your attention.

• Diane VegaDiane Vega Alum Member
    edited July 2022 34 karma

Thank you for your response! What if my personal statement was about my upbringing and how that led me to decide to go to law school? Should I write something more like a LOCI for this application?

718 karma

Hi @pinkjen-1, within the next few weeks, I believe! We have our recordings edited for sound quality, but as soon as it's ready, an announcement will be posted here in the discussion forum.

edited July 2022 718 karma

Hi @"Diane Vega", no, a LOCI is not sufficient. You need a new PS. They'll be able to read your previous PS, because that file will be attached to your new application. Think about the ways in which you've grown in the past cycle and ways that you've reaffirmed that law is the right path for you, and write a new PS that provides new information.