Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Predictors: 7Sage vs. LSAC

Can anyone provide some insight into the comparable accuracy of the 7Sage and LSAC admissions predictors? I am seeing drastically different percentages between the two as I'm creating my school list and it is giving me pause as to what schools I should be considering safeties, targets, and reaches. I'm of course taking it all with a grain of salt and using the percentages as guideposts instead of certainties, but I am hoping to get some clarity on the discrepancies. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ekhydroxideekhydroxide Core Member
    53 karma

following

• snowcap007snowcap007 Member
    180 karma

Following, hope this gets an answer soon!

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7317 karma

Great question! I don't know how LSAC makes its predictions. I'm going to reach out and ask them!

7Sage uses the last five years of results from LSD to make its predictions. The tool was overly optimistic for the last two years because those cycles were so competitive, but we decided not to limit our data to those years since that would just bake in the assumption that the last two years are the new norm. There is already some evidence that this coming cycle will be less competitive—both LSAT registrations and high LSAT scores are way down, year over year—but of course we'll have to see what happens.

• Thank you, David!