Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Room scan for writing exam

Wiley JayWiley Jay Member
edited September 2022 in General 29 karma

So when I was taking the test it asked me to take a picture of myself then take a picture of my ID. Then it prompted me to complete a checklist of a room scan. I wasn't sure what to do because my camera showed it was recording with the red light on top of my surface pro but I could not see anything but the checklist while I was showing the room. (Such as imagine taking a video on your phone but only seeing your home screen) So I had no perspective of what I was showing. Did I miss a step? Was I supposed to scan the room when I took a picture of my ID? I am genuinely confused

Comments

• NNNNJJJJNNNNJJJJ Alum Member
    55 karma

following

• mblaydes2017mblaydes2017 Member
    3 karma

I did the same thing today. (I believe) the room scan was occurring while the checklist was on the screen -- so to answer your question, the scan was not supposed to happen when you took the ID picture. Hope this helps.

• sylviarlabbesylviarlabbe Free Trial Member
    edited September 2022 14 karma

I had the same worry when taking it today. I was super confused and did my room scan after the checklist. Hoping that this was okay.

• brithmo-lsatbrithmo-lsat Core Member
    edited September 2022 4 karma

Like others have already said, it was the same for me. I received confirmation that my writing sample was approved yesterday, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Good luck fellow September test takers!

• Wiley JayWiley Jay Member
    29 karma

Haha that is so weird. Good luck everyone on the test this week. God willing we will all do great! Cheers

• seanjamaliseanjamali Member
    27 karma

@sylviarlabbe said:
    I had the same worry when taking it today. I was super confused and did my room scan after the checklist. Hoping that this was okay.

i just did the same, what happened

• deanyzy93deanyzy93 Alum Member
    4 karma

Took it today - Exact same issue here, the software is so stupid. Hopefully will get accepted