Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Necessary to cancel first LSAT score?

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if it is advised to cancel my first LSAT score, if I will be taking another test the following 30 days?

• If I get a lower score, will LSAC report the amount of attempts I took LSAT/ Would it look unfavorable towards admissions?
  • If second LSAT score is higher, will it just supersede the original score?

Comments

• pierce703pierce703 Member
    49 karma

I think this is something you would need to determine once you see your score. I know when I first took it I told myself that if I scored any lower than a certain score I would cancel it. I am pretty sure law schools can see how many times you attempted the LSAT, but it is not unfavorable towards admissions unless you take it multiple times and you either do not improve or you go down in the score. If the second LSAT score is higher then law schools can still see your first score if you do not cancel it, but it looks good to law schools because they see that you improved. I would recommend not taking the LSAT again until you know for sure that you will improve.

• HailMaryLSATHailMaryLSAT Live Member
    24 karma

@pierce703 said:
    I think this is something you would need to determine once you see your score. I know when I first took it I told myself that if I scored any lower than a certain score I would cancel it. I am pretty sure law schools can see how many times you attempted the LSAT, but it is not unfavorable towards admissions unless you take it multiple times and you either do not improve or you go down in the score. If the second LSAT score is higher then law schools can still see your first score if you do not cancel it, but it looks good to law schools because they see that you improved. I would recommend not taking the LSAT again until you know for sure that you will improve.

I figured that having a decent score, is better than none at all, especially if one does the same or worse on their second try. I would be taking my first LSAT, but since I have horrible test anxiety, I feel I will not do so well. Thank you!

• edited October 2022 308 karma

Are we able to purchase and use the score cancellation option the day our scores are released? Or would we have had to purchase it in advance?