Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mapping out questions

MTreigysMTreigys Core Member

Hi, so I've been done the LR section of the curriculum for a while now, and LR is pretty much my best section at the moment, but I have always wondered one question and it's whether or not mapping out hard 5 star LR questions like MBT or parallel method of reasoning is a good habit during PTs and even on test days. JY has typically said to be able to manage it in one's head from what I remember, but I wanna hear if anyone thinks otherwise. This would be on the given scrap paper, obviously.

Comments

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

First-- you won't know on test day if it's a five star question. Some people map out every conditional relationship, but often the harder PM or MBTs (especially now) use a more abstract, less mechanical logic (which is a lot harder to map out)

It all depends on your preference, but I personally like taking a step back and finding the thread of the stimulus in my head

• julia.grevejulia.greve Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    191 karma

Hey there,

I think this depends on your personal strengths! Some students move fastest writing down diagrams (like myself) while others prefer to analyze the information intuitively. I highly recommend experimenting to see which style is most comfortable for you.

In any case, make sure you are still writing out diagrams in your review and any untimed practice. We want to use intuitive reasoning when we have already mastered the written form!