Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should i do prep tests with "Simulate Modern" or not ?

123Fiona123Fiona Member
in General 15 karma

i am aware that the new tests are with only 3 sections, however would it help me more if i continue practicing all 4 sections ?
Would it mess with the actual score ?
What are some things to take into consideration when practicing 3 or 4 sections?

Comments

• robbienunes-1robbienunes-1 Member
    9 karma

Distance runners often train for longer distances than their races. Why? Because running longer distances builds their endurance for their shorter races. Conversely, a runner who runs shorter distances may find themselves "gassed out" at the end of a longer race if they've never trained for it because their bodies don't have the physical endurance for the race.

The same is true for the LSAT. Although it is four sections, only three are scored - one is "Experimental" and is there for LSAT question research purposes. However, you still have to complete all four sections on the day of the test (your "race"). Because of this, I would suggest being ready to do all the sections, because you never know if your experimental section will be first, last, or anywhere in between; you actually have NO idea which one it is! So why not give them all your best shot?

• Brrrree3Brrrree3 Member
    85 karma

I second Robbie. Take the usual 3 section modern test and tack on an additional fourth section. Usually I just took a random section from any test and had it in another tab. I would also take the most recent tests. You should be taking the 80s and 90s, as these will be the most like your real LSAT. I would also consider taking timed 35 minute sections on your off days. After taking these sections, I would blind review them heavy. Blind review will boost your score more than anything.

• melsathopemelsathope Core Member
    edited December 2022 112 karma

I would not simulate modern and with that being said I would practice a full test with 4 sections. The LSAT is not only an accuracy test and fast-thinking, but it is also somewhat like a marathon, and you must finish the race strong - like was mentioned above. Because what if the fourth section counts towards your score and then you are already burned out, then you won't perform as well.
    Practice 4 sections, 2 sections in a row, followed by a 10 min break, then 2 more sections in a row.