Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help

Gerald__Gerald__ Alum Member
in General 36 karma

I'm getting late 160s to early 170s BR, but still stuck in late 150s to early 160s in real time.
Is anyone familiar with teaching students at this stage?
Or better yet, anyone who's been in this situation?
I would love some tips.

I think my LG is good, but the rest...

Comments

• mikalyn.greenzweigmikalyn.greenzweig Live Member
    503 karma

Following because this is so relatable.

• ryan.lattavoryan.lattavo Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited January 2023 109 karma

Hello Gerald__,

As a tutor, I've both taught students at this stage of their studying and been in this stage of studying myself!

For me (and for most of my students), the key at this point is no longer about fundamental work. To get low 170s on BR, you gotta be able to get the fundamentals! Instead, studying at this stage is all about bridging the gap between your timing strategies and those fundamentals.

I bet giving you unlimited time to work on an LR/RC section would result in an almost-perfect score! At this stage then, it might be helpful to keep a wrong answer journal to document why you got a question wrong during timing, but right during BR. Did you misread the question? Run out of time? Less panicked? Less focused on the previous question? Had a good understanding of the passage? All of these questions might provide answers to help you, but you can't focus them down without some consistent way to evaluate your thought process.

If you find that sort of self-reflection difficult (because, really, it is) then it sounds like you'd benefit greatly from our tutoring program! Our tutors can diagnose those issues for you. If you're interested, schedule a consult for more info: https://calendly.com/7sage-tutoring/7sage-tutoring-free-consultation?utm_source=FCA_A

Best,

Ryan