Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MSS Continuance

selah403selah403 Core Member
edited December 2022 in Logical Reasoning 82 karma

So, I don't know about everyone else, but MSS just kept getting more and more difficult, and I feel like I have so much more to practice before I get it down.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to practically continue studying MSS? I want to be able to deal with the difficult questions a little more.

Much appreciated!

Comments

• ryan.lattavoryan.lattavo Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited January 2023 109 karma

selah403,

I find the best way to study for MSS questions is to get really good at both Lawgic and Must be True questions. While MSS aren't as clear cut as MBTs, they benefit from the same skill you use in MBT questions. A lot of the time they utilize indicator words, so thats where learning Lawgic can help a lot too.

Also, make sure you have argument structure down! Some practice with Weaken/Strength or Necessary Assumptions can build on the same skillset that Most Strongly Supported tests.

As a rule of thumb, I always tell my students to search for the answer choice that most closely is a 'must be true'. None of them will be (since its an MSS question), but whatever comes closest to being a Must be True is probably your answer for that question.

If you want more in-depth help with MSS and the LSAT in general, you should schedule a consult with a tutor to see how we can help! https://calendly.com/7sage-tutoring/7sage-tutoring-free-consultation?utm_source=FCA_A

Our tutors could directly observe you performing MSS questions and give feedback/performance tips, much better than I could from a forum post!

Hope this helped,

Ryan

• selah403selah403 Core Member
    82 karma

Thanks so much!

I will be sure to utilize those methods!