Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would my testing environment comply with the LSAC/ProctorU Requirements?

chriscampbell7687chriscampbell7687 Core Member
in General 68 karma

Hi there!

I'm currently registered to take the January LSAT this Saturday (14th), and the location that I'm planning on taking the test is one of the conference rooms in the office that I work. The business is closed on weekends so there shouldn't be anyone if the office at all so it should be fine in that regard. However, I'm concerned because the conference room has 1. two large mounted tv screens and 2. A "wall" that is really just a floor to ceiling window. I think I saw somewhere that this isn't allowed, but there are blinds that go down all the way from ceiling to floor. Any advice/perspectives would be helpful, thanks in advance!

Best
- J

Comments

• MorganS1-MorganS1- Member
    50 karma

The two TVs should be fine, I have a TV in my room and it was off on test day and they never mentioned anything about it. I would just make sure they are unplugged. However, I would imagine the glass wall applies if it is a wall where people are constantly walking by and not a glass window to outside? I would honestly call them to make sure about that.

• B_MaximumB_Maximum Core Member
    192 karma

I spoke with three different LSAC employees, who stated that such windows described above should be ok so long as you have blinds. According to these same individuals, you must cover the television (I.e., blanket).

• 6 karma

I have taken the LSAT twice in a room with floor to ceiling windows. It's been no problem as they have blinds. The TV was not an issue either, just make sure its turned off. In my experience with ProctorU though, it also depends on who your proctor is. Some are much more thorough than others. I don't think it will be an issue, though.