Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to use the drill sets?

gorginagorlgorginagorl Alum Member

I'm currently working my way through the core curriculum in the hopes of taking the June 2023 LSAT. I've only been doing 1-2 of the problem sets after each section so that I can save them for later in case I need more help in a certain area (once I begin taking PTs). I've noticed that a lot of these problem sets, however, are in the "easy" range based on the stats that accompany them. Should I be taking the drills (which appear to have varying difficulty) now, or save these for when I start taking the PTs? Thanks for any insight! :)

Comments

• JustAParalegalJustAParalegal Live Member
    59 karma

Hi there,

I, like you, only took the first few problem sets when I was going through the core curriculum as well. Yes, they are on the easier side, so it might benefit you to do one of the easier ones and one of the harder ones, if you're only doing two at a time. For me, I am studying about 15h/week after finishing the core curriculum and find it very very useful to go back to those problem sets, especially for those that I am struggling with. The benefit of this is not wasting time on the problem sets that come easier to you (the problem sets can be time and energy consuming) and spending a lot more time on the more challenging ones. I like this approach because I still get to see my progress bar increase on the syllabus page, something that doesn't move if you use the drills. I still use the drills when doing different types of drills or full sections, but this is just my perspective. Hope this helps!

• ryan.lattavoryan.lattavo Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    109 karma

paige.k.anderson,

I think its a good idea to use the Core Curriculum to learn some of the fundamentals (which you test your knowledge of by completing the easy sets!). Once you get the easier version of all problems down, I think you're good to move on to drilling sections/PT'ing. Only when certain question types start to bring issues would I go back into the Core Curriculum.

Imagine if you went through every hard question, in order. You'd probably end up wasting your time on questions you didn't really need to study hard for! Therefore, I'd come back to the CC only when you really need a refresher and want to review some of the harder question types. Even if you run out of CC drills, you can always make your own difficult version of question type drills using the drill builder. So in the end, it's also not a critical decision to make--it won't make or break your studying process!

If you want more guidance on how to go about studying, feel free to talk to one of our tutors about your own studying process: https://calendly.com/7sage-tutoring/7sage-tutoring-free-consultation?utm_source=FCA_A

This consult would be completely free, and we'd love to help you out!

Best,

Ryan Lattavo