Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Trainer

fuzzy228fuzzy228 Alum Member
in General 107 karma
Is the LSAT trainer written by Mike Kim? I saw this on Amazon, just wanted to make sure it is the same book that everyone is talking about. Also, there are two versions, 2013 and 2015. Which are you guys using? Thanks.

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Yes, it's written by Mike Kim. One of my best purchases. I think I have the 2015 version because of the new kick ass cover.
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    I just got it yesterday. Black cover that looks super new but not sure what version it is. Mine was around 45 on amazon.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @fuzzy228 said:
    Which are you guys using?
    I used the first edition because I got it about a year ago. If I were you, I'd get the 2015 version (though there's certainly nothing wrong with the older one!).
  • DrackedaryDrackedary Member
    239 karma
    I'm still holding out that it might go on sale today for the Amazon Prime event, but I doubt it. Regardless, I'll be buying it at the end of the day.
  • DaveH162DaveH162 Alum Member
    edited July 2015 221 karma
    To add to this discussion...the LSAT Trainer only has multiple PTs for the last couple of weeks. Have those who went through the trainer strictly abided by the schedule or just PT about 2/3 times a week while also completing the drills/lessons in The Trainer?
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    @habad1 I began with the Trainer before starting 7Sage; I would recommend completing most of the Trainer and 7Sage's core curriculum before you begin PTing. Obviously that is an ideal situation, but since there are a limited number of PTs, it's better to get your understanding, skills and habits aligned before you try to hone them. Only leaving a few weeks for PT is probably not a good idea though (I haven't followed the Trainer's schedule, that seems like a strange aspect of an otherwise very quality program); you need more time and I think many people need to take at least 30 PTs to begin to max out their score. Hope that helps!
  • fuzzy228fuzzy228 Alum Member
    107 karma
    Thanks everyone for such valuable information. I will definitely get the 2015 version. Appreciate all the feedback.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Good choice, I haven't seen the older one but it sounds like it was cleaned up a bit with some good proofreading/editing. I had been hesitant to get it because the bad reviews were talking about errors on every page in that edition but I'm glad I took the leap for the new one. While not error free it's definitely not too distracting as there are few errors over the ~600 pages.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I had been hesitant to get it because the bad reviews were talking about errors on every page in that edition but I'm glad I took the leap for the new one.
    Haha ... well ... there are a few relatively minor typos/errors but that description is quite inaccurate. The 2013 edition is the only one I have; speaking as someone who's done a lot of editing for publication, it's par for the course and does not detract in any way from the substance of the material.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yeah as long as there are no typos in the formal logic you're good... I wish my research methods prof understood that. His lecture on Boolean logic was riddle with typos that made it completely nonsensical and useless.
    107 karma
    Thanks guys.
  • profile427profile427 Alum Member
    213 karma
    @fuzzy228 I thought I had responded, but I guess Android ate it. What I had meant to say is that I did private tutoring with the Bibles and then studied on my own with them. I'm late to the game with The Trainer, but I can say that the Bibles are incredibly clunky in comparison, and so I only use them for practice material for the most part (except you'll probably see that there's some overlap in selection of practice questions).
    107 karma
    Thank you.