Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Struggling to Improve RC Score

For the past 10 months I've been studying part time for the LSAT. Out of all the sections, RC has consistently given me the most trouble and has been the most difficult section for me to improve on. From my diagnostic test to now, I've only been able to manage going from -15 to -10 (sometimes -8/-9 on a good day). I'm at a loss and I'm not sure what else I can do to improve. This section has been holding me back big time and is part of the reason why score fluctuates so greatly. If anyone has any tips on how I can improve, study, and review this section better, please let me know. I think my biggest issue is not having a strategy when going into RC and immediately feeling intimated/nervous about completing the section. Any advice or words of encouragement would be appreciated.

Comments

• valarnonamevalarnoname Alum Member
    24 karma

I have the same struggle, but I'd love to connect and study/improve together. I constantly search and research strategies. I do have hope that my RC struggle will eventually be solved.

• valarnonamevalarnoname Alum Member
    edited April 2023 24 karma

What I started to understand is that there is a link between LR and RC. In order to excel in RC, I started to realize that the skills in LR are fundamental.

• letsgeta175_0512letsgeta175_0512 Alum Member
    edited April 2023 14 karma

I am the same. At my best I can get -1/-2 on RC but on my recent PT I freaked and somehow got a -9...I regularly get -4~6 on RC but cannot figure out for the life of me how to stabilize it to the lower end. LR is somewhat of a similar story for me with -2 at my best and -7 at my worst.

If anyone has insight on why this fluctuation happens and advice on how to mitigate?

• AComplete180AComplete180 Alum Member
    30 karma

pm me