Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

McGill vs. UBC

alileresmalileresm Free Trial Member

I have been accepted to UBC and McGill recently, and I am so unsure of where to go. Does anyone have any insight? Rank is important to me as well as community, programming (I'm interested in International/Human rights law), and opportunities. My main issue is that my family lives in BC and I'm not sure I can move far away from them to somewhere that I'd have no community. Any insight is much appreciated.

Comments

• shawn102shawn102 Alum Member
    56 karma

I graduated from McGill and am now working in a US company. I do feel that McGill has a very good fame in the states, at least in the NY/DC areas. I got my current job partly because of the school's name...

Montreal has tons of opportunities where you get to study and practice international law. Had wonderful four years at McGill and miss the French environment much.. If not because of my limited French skills, I would def go back to McGill for law school.

UBC is for sure a good school too, but I don't have any idea how the school would be a better place for international law. Think location means a lot if you have preferences of what to practice.