Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is missing in Core Curriculum V2?

xuzuqiaoxuzuqiao Core Member

Hi All,

I reviewed for the LSAT using 7Sage last year, didn't get the score I wanted, took a break, and am now studying again.

I'd like to use the beta version of Core Curriculum V2 to review core concepts and bring myself up to speed. However, I understand that the CCv2 is missing lessons and might contain mistakes, albeit very few. I'm wondering what critical LR concepts/lessons from the original Core Curriculum are missing from the V2 beta? After going through CCv2, I want to return to the original curriculum to review LR concepts that were skipped in the beta.

Thanks!

Comments

• Sashell - Student ServiceSashell - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    253 karma

Hi @dzxu88,

I'm sorry for the confusion. To clarify, CCv2 does not contain missing lessons. It is fully complete and you can use it without switching back to CCv1.

The difference between CCv1 and CCv2 is that CCv2 (Core Curriculum Version 2) presents LR and the Foundations lessons through a more streamlined and unified theoretical framework. It's not completely different from CCv1, but we've thoroughly explained LR in CCv2. The RC and LG lessons of both CCv1 and CCv2 are the same.

Please know that you can switch between CC v1 and CC v2 by clicking "Switch to v.." in the Syllabus. See the screenshot:

You can view the FAQ for CCv2 on this page: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/34707/core-curriculum-version-2-beta

If you are having any trouble making the switch, please let me know and I'll manually give you access from my end. I hope this helps!

• caitlina29caitlina29 Live Member
    11 karma

How many hours is the CCv1 compared to the CCv2?

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

@caitlina29 said:
    How many hours is the CCv1 compared to the CCv2?

Our Core Curriculum v1 includes 215 hours of lessons and 697 hours of PrepTests materials (this includes taking PrepTests (+95), Blind Reviewing, and watching Explanation Videos). The Core Curriculum v2 contains 84 hours of lessons. Since CCv2 teaches Logical Reasoning quicker and better and we removed the Problem Sets, RC samples, and 697 hours of PrepTests materials (this includes taking PrepTests (+95), Blind Reviewing, and watching Explanation Videos) as these can be accessed using Drills and Explanation Videos, CC v2 is now shorter but condensed.