Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How To Prep for Tomorrow

If I’m taking the august LSAT tomorrow, what is the best way to prep on this final day?

Comments

• ev2k1ev2k1 Core Member
    106 karma

Following. I take it on Saturday! I'm planning on doing a few drills tomorrow just to brush up and familiarize myself more with the question format, then just relax and decompress.

• mklingermklinger Alum Member
    edited August 2023 23 karma

I took it in June, and here is what I would recommend based on my experience and what others (including my tutor) told me:

1. Take it easy. You want to be as fresh as possible for tomorrow, so do not push yourself. Limit your studying to 1 hr, maybe 2 at the absolute max. Do not try to do any hard problems. I would keep the difficulty to under 3 stars. Trust that the prep you have been doing until now has been enough to get the score you are shooting for. Cramming for hours today is not going to improve your score tomorrow. If anything, it will tire you out.

2. Look at your analytics tab and find the problem types you struggle most with. Do easy (1-2 star) questions, practicing the mechanics behind it to build confidence and familiarity.

3. Be active. Now, I do not recommend running an Iron Man, but even taking a walk around the block will get your blood moving and help you expend some nervous energy. You will probably find it harder to fall asleep the night before the test, so even expending a little energy will help you fall asleep faster.

4. Do things you enjoy. The more you wallow in stress and nerves, the worse you will do. Watch some TV, read a good book, hang out with friends and family, etc.

5. Lastly, re-read testing instructions for tomorrow and the rules for what you can and cannot have in the testing room or testing center. Make sure you know how to access the test tomorrow morning. The better you know it today, the less stress there will be for you tomorrow.

I hope that helps and good luck! You are gonna do great!

• troysch1troysch1 Free Trial Member
    31 karma

The below is all great advice. I'd summarize it as--do whatever practice will leave you feeling fresh and confident but not burned out. If you feel like your LG is a bit shaky, do a game or two just to feel your rhythm out. if you have strategy notes for LR, give them a reread so you feel like you have in your mind how to tackle your question types/what to do when stuck.

maybe don't tackle a bunch of new hard questions, but review some old ones you missed to remember why you missed them, what to be on guard for on the actual test.

don't take a full section or test-it's not targeted enough to make a difference, and the nerves it can cause if you don't do as well as you want far outweighs any boost you might get if it goes well.

@mklinger said:
    I took it in June, and here is what I would recommend based on my experience and what others (including my tutor) told me:

1. Take it easy. You want to be as fresh as possible for tomorrow, so do not push yourself. Limit your studying to 1 hr, maybe 2 at the absolute max. Do not try to do any hard problems. I would keep the difficulty to under 3 stars. Trust that the prep you have been doing until now has been enough to get the score you are shooting for. Cramming for hours today is not going to improve your score tomorrow. If anything, it will tire you out.

2. Look at your analytics tab and find the problem types you struggle most with. Do easy (1-2 star) questions, practicing the mechanics behind it to build confidence and familiarity.

3. Be active. Now, I do not recommend running an Iron Man, but even taking a walk around the block will get your blood moving and help you expend some nervous energy. You will probably find it harder to fall asleep the night before the test, so even expending a little energy will help you fall asleep faster.

4. Do things you enjoy. The more you wallow in stress and nerves, the worse you will do. Watch some TV, read a good book, hang out with friends and family, etc.

5. Lastly, re-read testing instructions for tomorrow and the rules for what you can and cannot have in the testing room or testing center. Make sure you know how to access the test tomorrow morning. The better you know it today, the less stress there will be for you tomorrow.

I hope that helps and good luck! You are gonna do great!

• MTreigysMTreigys Core Member
    108 karma

I would strongly recommend reading 7sage's 21 argument flaws just before the test too, in order to get a nice refresher.