Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Advice Greatly Appreciated

stars1222stars1222 Alum Member

Currently panicking because I'll be taking the September and October exams. I want to be scoring at a 160+, but the latest PT I took was at 145. Keep in mind I took that PT about a month ago, and I was on vacation when I took it. Starting next week I'll be trying to PT every twice a week, but I'm nowhere near done with the CC. I'm trying my best to work through it as much as possible and as efficiently as possible, but definitely panicking internally. Any advice?

I want to run through the CC as quickly and efficiently as I can. I'm around 50% done with LG, and around 20% done with LR and RC.

Comments

• legallymadzlegallymadz Alum Member
    34 karma

Commenting so I can see advice as well

• offy0c-1-1offy0c-1-1 Live Member
    256 karma

I highly recommend that you don't touch your pts until you have finished the cc. Why? bc you are going to come across questions that you won't be able to approach appropriately. What you should do is finish the cc and then touch your pts.

One thing I realize with this test is that you can't just wake up and get better at it. It takes time to be able to approach the test appropriately and I think the more we try to rush (taking pts as soon as we can) the more it delays our chances of scoring high.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8486 karma

Slow down and focus on understanding the CC concepts. Rushing through it will only delay you further. And stop taking PTs… you don’t even have all the tools necessary to take the test. Stick to the CC problem sets.

It’s tough to see you may not make your ideal timeline, but focusing on volume and rate of consumption over quality is a recipe for disaster. Many more people have extended their prep time unnecessarily that way than have miracled themselves to their goal score.