Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I buy Score Preview for 2nd test attempt?

coleberner25coleberner25 Alum Member
in General 7 karma

Hello,

I took the June LSAT and got a 165. I wanted to be more in the 170 range, so I took the August exam. I know for sure that I will not be trying any more after this one.

My gut feeling for August is that I scored somewhere between 165-170, but obviously I can’t be sure until scores come out. I’m wondering if I should buy Score Preview just in case I somehow scored worse than the first attempt? It seems like most people utilize Score Preview for the first attempt, but I’m not sure how a cancelled score would look on a second attempt.

Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited August 2023 2239 karma

I don't have any concrete evidence to back my claim, but I assume that if you cancel your score most admissions folks will just assume you scored lower than 165 on your second attempt. After all, what would be the point in cancelling your score if you scored higher or even the same? If anything, I think it's possible they'd assume you scored a good amount (like 2+ points) lower, because if you scored, say, a 164, it would pretty much just mirror your performance on your first attempt. So I don't have advice for whether or not to buy score preview, but I'm taking a stab at what may be assumed if you buy score preview and decide to cancel your score.