Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚠️ Don't Update Your Mac Before the LSAT This Fall!

Nora MillerNora Miller Member Administrator
edited October 2023 in General 344 karma

EDIT: As of October 24, LSAC says that Sonoma should now be compatible with Prometric’s servers.

Yesterday, we posted an important heads-up on the 7Sage blog for Mac users who are taking the October or November LSAT remotely. I've pasted the article below:

"For anyone planning to take the October or November LSAT remotely, you need to know about a compatibility issue. Prometric, LSAC’s digital testing provider, currently does NOT support macOS Sonoma, Apple's newest operating system.

If you're considering updating your Mac, hold off and remain on macOS Ventura before your exam.

Double-check your Mac's version in About this Mac. Make sure it reads “Ventura.”

If you’ve already upgraded to Sonoma, you have a few options. The most convenient is to borrow someone else’s computer to take the LSAT. If you can’t borrow a computer, you can use an external SSD as a startup disk and format it to run macOS Ventura. If you’re on an Intel mac, you can also use Bootcamp to install Windows to take the LSAT.

Whether you've opted to use another computer, Bootcamp, or an external drive, you should verify your setup's compatibility using the Prometric Testing tool and LSAC Lawhub.

Best of luck, autumn test-takers!"

Comments

• ralphiegalvez85ralphiegalvez85 Core Member
    6 karma

WHAT NO WAY!!

• vanessaleona.fcvanessaleona.fc Live Member
    54 karma

I'm on macOS Monterey -- is that supported?

• mangogirl752mangogirl752 Core Member
    10 karma

I have this same question^^

• Brittney LindsBrittney Linds Live Member
    44 karma

Ugh. I didn't think this would be an issue so I had automatic updates turned on. So it updated automatically :( this is exhausting lol

• khaneashakhaneasha Alum Member
    42 karma

NOOO i already had updated it UGHHHH

• RelentlessRelentless Core Member
    331 karma

Reading this on my Sonoma. Capeesh.

• cgracee02cgracee02 Alum Member
    14 karma

Just want to make sure -- is this for just remote takers or for in-person takers as well?

• Nora MillerNora Miller Member Administrator
    344 karma

@cgracee02 said:
    Just want to make sure -- is this for just remote takers or for in-person takers as well?

Just remote!

• pbnkpbnk Core Member
    7 karma

Too late...I did it last week...scheduled for November...now what?

• lonelycarbonlonelycarbon Core Member
    65 karma

I'm on Monterey - is that okay?!

• simofalconrysimofalconry Alum Member
    8 karma

^ someone please address this question. Is Monterey okay?

• javahir.saidovjavahir.saidov Alum Member
    13 karma

I am on Monterey, and I tested the system on ProProctor, it said it works!^^

344 karma

@simofalconry said:
    ^ someone please address this question. Is Monterey okay?

According to ProProctor, here are the system requirements:
    "Windows 8.1 or MacOS 10.13 to 12.6.5 and Ventura 13.3.1 and above are supported. Important: MacOS Ventura 13.0 to 13.2.1 are not supported; please upgrade to 13.3.1 before testing."

Monterey, I believe, is macOS 12.0–12.6.7.

• ilhson94ilhson94 Live Member
    14 karma

Wow... this doesn't seem okay. What if someone is unable to borrow, bootcamp, or purchase an external hard drive? This seems like something they should have to address or make accommodations for on their end.

• funkytowelsfunkytowels Alum Member
    18 karma

Thank you so much for posting this. Just turned off my auto updates.

• brown.na94brown.na94 Alum Member
    3 karma

@"Nora Miller" Is there any indication that Prometric will work to resolve the issue before the November testing dates? I've tried to contact their support but it is basically non-existent.

344 karma

@"brown.na94" said:
    @"Nora Miller" Is there any indication that Prometric will work to resolve the issue before the November testing dates? I've tried to contact their support but it is basically non-existent.

We haven't heard any indication that Prometric will be able to resolve the issue before November. Our advice is to proceed as though they won't.

• mjthompson488mjthompson488 Free Trial Member
    9 karma

I already updated my macbook to MacOS Sonoma and am registered for the January test. Does anyone know if I can take the January test with MacOS Sonoma?

• eliwalk11eliwalk11 Core Member
    11 karma

I just got an email stating that Prometric is compatible with Sonoma now