Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT & Application Advice Needed- Apply now or wait?

jaidajeterjaidajeter Live Member
edited October 2023 in General 45 karma

Hey guys,

i need some advice, im kinda in a pickle and over thinking so posting my thoughts here. Im currently 24 - working full time as legal assistant started studying for the LSAT this summer and im scheduled to take the Nov 2023 exam. this will be my first exam. I'm feeling okay about everything but nervous that i'll do bad and have to retake in Jan. I wanted to apply for 2024 cycle but im scared that If i do need to retake in Jan that it will either be me rushing to submit apps in for the 2024 cycle OR i'll still need to improve my LSAT score. I'm currently PTing 1 x week in lower 149-151 range rn & have a 3.7 gpa (calculated on LSAC). a) Should i still have my apps in before Jan, even if i retake in Jan OR; b) should i hold off apps and sumbit super early next fall for the 2025 cycle, once i feel more confident getting a better LSAT score? If i do wait I would still want to take the LSAT before the august change.

Comments

• jaidajeterjaidajeter Live Member
    45 karma

Also meant to mention: I want scholarships and im apply to local state schools / some in california. I live in OR. I'm not looking to apply to T14 schools. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

I wouldn't worry about that until you have your Nov score. You don't have the info required to make that decision yet. Maybe your Nov score is viable but you think you can do better. Maybe you bomb or have to cancel. Maybe you nail it and it becomes a non-issue. Focus on realizing the last outcome for now. Stress is worrying about things that are beyond our control... and that takes away from what you should be doing right now.

• jaidajeterjaidajeter Live Member
    45 karma

@canihazJD You’re right. Thank you! Good to hear from others!