Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

152 -> 171 Thanks 7Sage!

AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
edited November 2023 in October 2023 LSAT 802 karma

I began my LSAT journey last year and ended up deciding on a gap year after a few months of studying because I wasn't hitting close to my goal. Took a break till around May 2023 and enrolled back in 7sage with the goal of getting a 171+ by November! Thankful for this program as it was the majority of what I used over my time studying. I am enrolled in November (did it as a backup) so I will probably be retaking again just to see what happens now that the pressure is off.

Huge thanks to @RaphaelP for the help cleaning up my RC... his methodology brought me down to -3 on test day which was fortunately enough for my score. Highly recommend him as a tutor!

For those of you that have questions about the LSAT feel free to PM me or leave them here... I am a pretty active member of this discussion board and would love to answer any questions.

Comments

• Johnny TsunamiJohnny Tsunami Alum Member
    186 karma

Congrats thats huge! Will be sending you a PM for sure

• Kevins Famous ChiliKevins Famous Chili Live Member
    11 karma

That's amazing! Congrats! Would love some advice on how to improve RC, it's my worst section

• connor.105connor.105 Core Member
    13 karma

so did u just use 7sage or did u use other resources

• TRAPPEDUNDERLSATTRAPPEDUNDERLSAT Alum Member
    114 karma

Money

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    635 karma

That's great! Congrats, and all the best, @"AlexLSAT."!

• jocelynandrade5jocelynandrade5 Alum Member
    97 karma

Hi! Would you mind sharing some RC tips? @"AlexLSAT."

• ajdrose4427ajdrose4427 Alum Member
    12 karma

Wrote the October test and scored a 150 even though I had been PTing in the 160s. Now studying for January using 7sage so reading all of these huge score jumps is very reassuring. Great job!

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    802 karma

@"connor.105" said:
    so did u just use 7sage or did u use other resources

I used 7sage and The Loophole.

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    802 karma

@"Kevins Famous Chili" said:
    That's amazing! Congrats! Would love some advice on how to improve RC, it's my worst section

Thank you! I shifted from highlighting to trying to comprehend and low res. Biggest change for me came when I was able to improve my active reading. I started telling myself I wouldn't leave the passage without understanding the main point and passage structure. Sometimes I would even pause after reading and take a few seconds to put the passage into my own words so that I could better organize my thoughts.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Congratulations! You earned it!

• saurusx9saurusx9 Alum Member
    14 karma

congratulations! any tips on LR and RC?

• keri.l.jensenkeri.l.jensen Member
    11 karma

Thanks so much for sharing. Because of a combination of family circumstances, not scoring what I want yet in my LSAT prep, and the new test format I made the agonizing decision to withdraw from the November test. I am going to apply in the next cycle end test in August and September or October of next year.
    Your progress makes me feel like I have a chance of improving the way I want to.

• PuffinboizPuffinboiz Core Member
    12 karma

Congratulations! RC is my weakest section, so thank you for the tips! Will for sure be incorporating that into my November test. Good luck in your law school journey!