Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks 7Sage! +22 points, 152 to 174!

kaymay18-2kaymay18-2 Member
in General 19 karma

Thank you 7Sage for helping me achieve this dream of mine! My entire study process ran from January 2021 to October 2022 with a few breaks in between. I got to a 163 with two other test prep companies and then started to stall in June 2022. That's when I turned to 7Sage, largely for the affordability.

7Sage made all the difference with the focus on blind review (so key!) and the view of logic games as largely an exercise in muscle memory. Two other things that made a huge difference: 1) keeping an error journal and logging my mistakes and what I needed to do differently based on question type, and 2) learning how to do basic meditation to keep my mind calm during tests.

Ultimately, I had a 22 point jump and I credit so much of that to 7Sage. If you have a LSAT dream, I believe in you! You got this!

Comments

• 11 karma

Congratulations! Really great to hear! Interested in the "basic meditation" you mentioned. For me, the mental game of starting off sections really trips me up with the prospect of having to read so much and the overwhelming-ness can feel paralyzing. How did you reorient your mind this way?

• md753md753 Alum Member
    67 karma

How did you get past being stuck at a certain score range?

• kaymay18-1kaymay18-1 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

I started out using a 20-day course on the app Insight Timer to learn some meditation techniques. The technique that ended up being best to me involved visualizing a place that is calming to me and then using that visualized space with measured breathing to have a clean slate between sections. I knew that I needed a technique that I could do during the 1 minute between sections, and so I would spend about 30 seconds doing this between sections to reset mentally, and feel like I was in a place of calm control going into the section. Using breath as an anchor in general was helpful because I could do a short 5 second break of breathing in between tough reading passages and have a mini reset too amidst all the reading. I hope that helps!

• kaymay18-1kaymay18-1 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@md753 I hadn't implemented the specific techniques I mentioned when I was stalling at 163, so it really was the mix of those techniques I mentioned that made the difference. LG was always an anxiety-provoking section for me, so seeing it as memorizing patterns really helped. Once I got LG down to -0, the error journal and blind reviewing with commitment helped bring RC and LR down to -2/-3 very consistently.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Amazing improvement! Congrats!

• edited November 2022 424 karma

This is great! I had a similar journey, and I also heavily relied on meditation to get me where I was going (I meditated for a full 60 min before my final LSAT). I completely agree with your conclusions about what helped! Congrats!