Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to improve logical reasoning

How have you guys improved your logical reasoning sections what has worked I can't seem to get above a 150 but I want to get a 165 in the august lsat

Comments

• MEHCAM190MEHCAM190 Live Member
    105 karma

Same boat here. I know a large amount, but whenever I come to demonstrate such work my brain can't focus, I actually just zone out. Any recommendations?

• christiannrrrchristiannrrr Core Member
    12 karma

I am in the same boat as both of you. Have been stuck in the mid 150s for a few months now and I am pursuing a 165 as well. I have a few specific LR question types that just have not clicked for me even after reviewing JY's lessons numerous times. I have decided that I am going to look for alternative explanations for question types that I struggle with and see if that helps me improve. I love the format of 7sage and tons of users swear by its effectiveness but in my case some of JY's teachings have not clicked for me.

• aislangyori2002aislangyori2002 Core Member
    65 karma

seems like no matter how much I practice I can't seem to do better

• akang810akang810 Core Member
    edited November 2023 12 karma

For logical reasoning, the best way to get better quickly is to get a tutor. Considering the LSAT can make a difference in whether I can get a scholarship and save me 100s of thousands of dollars down the line, I realized getting a tutor would be the only way I could get over my plateau.

As I got a tutor, who pretty much took me back to the basics, I was missing 9-10 per LR section to 2-3. So get someone who is a really high scorer on Logical Reasoning and pick their brains regarding how they approach those questions, the rationale behind how they pick those answer choices, and practice using the 7Sage drills to improve on that specific question type.

65 karma

@akang810 I spent close to $2000 using a 7 sage tutor the tutor I had did nothing to help my score.

• csearen99csearen99 Live Member
    117 karma

@aislangyori2002 said:
    @akang810 I spent close to $2000 using a 7 sage tutor the tutor I had did nothing to help my score.

I would try using a private tutor. sometimes it’s better as they are focused on YOU and not a company’s picked curriculum!
    That helped me a lot more than using a tutor from a company

65 karma

@csearen99 where did you find your tutor I am feeling very discouraged with my score

• csearen99csearen99 Live Member
    117 karma

@aislangyori2002 said:
    @csearen99 where did you find your tutor I am feeling very discouraged with my score

Wyzant. They have a ton of personal tutors with affordable rates!

65 karma

@csearen99 I spend a ton on 7 sage tutor and didn't see results was your tutor affcetive?

• kenziekenzie Core Member
    10 karma

I don't know if any of you all are interested but I made this for anyone who wants to join!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TxlAbS2VI4uYZshZtaT0CDReoYLY9lHTClEVzdGs87Y/edit?usp=sharing

• izik.tayizik.tay Live Member
    21 karma

was in the same boat and I started using LSAT Demon exclusively for the LR section. went from -11 to -6 (so far). Although the explanations are okay, I think the emphasis on simply reading and understanding the stimulus has really opened my understanding and approach to tackling the questions. Also, not focusing on the timer but on accuracy is a big thing they preach, which I think has personally helped me.

When I don't like their explanations, I go to a video explanation by JY on the same question lol

Last thing, I like LSAT demon's drill feature because it almost feels like a game/challenge, whereas the 7sage drill feature is kinda mid. Just my opinion tho. If 7Sage vamped up that feature, that'd be a big plus

• BrigiesbrechtBrigiesbrecht Alum Member
    50 karma

I went from getting -15 to now -5 in my three weeks of studying. I do only one question at a time and don't focus on the timer. When I take a pt I then go though it by category question type to see which kinds of questions I regularly get wrong and then I go watch a yt video on those style of questions. Reading the stimulus carefully and working thought the answer stems one by one slowly helps. I also drill every day. I go a easy question first and then work my way up in difficulty then work my way down but only drill the one at a time. Overall I've gone from 142 to 158 in 3 weeks using this study method