Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancel or Keep?

sgoldsmith7sgoldsmith7 Live Member
in General 756 karma

Just got my score back from Nov. and super disappointed. Diagnostic of 147 and last few PTs have been 160-164 range. Got a 159. This is my first time taking the LSAT. I want to go to UGA, but their median is a 169...

Comments

• learaee73learaee73 Core Member
    41 karma

that's a great score, don't cancel. only seriously cancel if its a very bad school. you are still above median for a lot of great schools. if you retake and score higher, it will only look better on your applications.

• ReynoldsReynolds Live Member
    edited November 2023 19 karma

Don't cancel your score if you got a 159. That score gives you a great floor that could take the pressure off during your next administration, allowing you to take the test in a more relaxed fashion. I would recommend studying for awhile (including taking plenty of PTs) and retaking the exam, but keep the 159 for now.

• daciaochoadaciaochoa Live Member
    63 karma

Don't beat yourself up. When comparing your diagnostic test to your November Test, that's a big improvement! Do not cancel your score. It is a great score to apply to most law schools with. Remember that an admissions council does not solely rely on an LSAT score but also with your GPA, an amazing professional statement, and other factors in your application. If you would delay your application until next year, use that time to study and you can even shoot for a 170 by summer 2024.