Sept exam was my 3rd take, felt "meh" about it.. Should I cancel or keep? Goal:153+

cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
in General 737 karma

Hey again everyone!

I want to start off by saying thank you in advance.. This community is awesome.

I've taken the LSAT 3 times: 144 (shouldn't have taken this one), 147, and just took this Sept exam.

My goal score is 153-155 and above, and in my last 5 PT's before September exam I was averaging 153.

My prediction for this exam is I probably scored a 150-151.. I screwed up in the actual LG section after misreading a rule (in the first game!!! ugh) and I ran out of time and forgot to bubble about 3-4 questions on the last section LR :(

All this said, I'm still confident I scored higher than my last exam of 147. Before this exam I would have honestly said f*** it and kept my score, but I feel like I've dominated LG so much more and I feel like i'm really close man.. Felt really in control this time. Also, they only take high scores, should I maybe call my target schools and ask how they feel about this?

If I keep this score and get below a 152, I feel like I may want to retake. Thoughts? I'd have 4 takes total on record.

Comments

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

What's your target score? Is your goal score equivalent to target score? Because if that's the case, then of course you should retake. At about 150, I am confident that you still have potential to go higher. How long have you studied? How are you studying? Many people study for at least a year before they reach their target score. I've personally done the CC twice and also every single PT before I consistently reached my target score. 7Sage has a lot to offer, and when you're studying, don't just do the questions and move on. Every time you make a mistake, spend at least 10 minutes writing out why you made the mistake and how to prevent yourself from doing so in the future. If you're not doing this, then you're just wasting questions. Sometimes, it takes me hours, even after hearing JY's explanation, of staring at a question before I understand it, but that's how I learn.

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

@Bamboosprout said:
    What's your target score? Is your goal score equivalent to target score? Because if that's the case, then of course you should retake. At about 150, I am confident that you still have potential to go higher. How long have you studied? How are you studying? Many people study for at least a year before they reach their target score. I've personally done the CC twice and also every single PT before I consistently reached my target score. 7Sage has a lot to offer, and when you're studying, don't just do the questions and move on. Every time you make a mistake, spend at least 10 minutes writing out why you made the mistake and how to prevent yourself from doing so in the future. If you're not doing this, then you're just wasting questions. Sometimes, it takes me hours, even after hearing JY's explanation, of staring at a question before I understand it, but that's how I learn.

I've studied for too long.. More than a year, but inconsistently.. Its only been within the last 2 months that I feel like I really get it now and have not gotten any score below 150, and LG I am averaging about -5, -7, sometimes less. My ideal target score would be a 155.

In regards to what I said though, do you think I should ride it out and wait for my score or cancel? Like I said I do feel confident that I scored higher than my last take of 147.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

If you're really getting -5/-7 in LG, that's actually something to be incredibly happy about!!! Congrats, you have the easiest way to improve your LSAT score. Do the fool-proof method. Message me if you're not sure how to use the method. It works. It takes time, but works, guaranteed. I'm honestly jealous. I started my prep with LG as my strongest section and had little space to improve.
    If you feel like you did meh, then you probably did meh. I think, in general, our feelings are pretty accurate. You probably will not be getting your ideal score, but you'll probably get what your average score is for the last 2 or 3 tests. I think you probably don't need to cancel, especially if you expect it to be better than the last. But I would focus on the future, and try to steel your resolve and grind for november =).