Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I give up on this test date?

orwellian.noviceorwellian.novice Core Member
edited December 2023 in January 2024 LSAT 18 karma

I started studying in September but had to pause mid-September to early November for work. I'm aiming for a 177-178, but I can only manage -1 on LG, -2 or 3 on LR, and -1 or 2 on RC and have been at that level for two weeks with no improvement. Should I just give up on January? I'd like to hear from people that have been able to get past a plateau.

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

This may or may not apply to you but it's worked for many of my students still missing those last few points. Speed work on easy stuff.

A lot of those last few points are careless errors which typically go unnoticed when committed. So being able to blast through that first game or those level 1-3 questions gives you more time for another look at your work. This test is about efficiency, which is a balance of speed and accuracy. So when you are as accurate as you can be say on that level 1 sequencing game, ask if you are also going as fast as you could be, i.e., picking up those points in the most efficient way.