Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feel like I cannot improve on MSS Questions

Satoru GojoSatoru Gojo Core Member

Hi, everyone; thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

I just began my LSAT journey a week ago and have been studying for multiple hours each day since then. I understand the struggle is inevitable, but MSS questions are absolutely taking me out! Subsequently, this is making it difficult to find the motivation to keep going when my screen lights up with the color red after blind reviewing and being quite confident in my reasoning. Based on the amount of time it's taking me to choose an answer, I know my over-thinking is a major player in this, but I am averaging like 2/5 and then 3/5 BR. I have found that typically, my biggest issue is that I don't see the correct answer choice even as an option for being correct because I believe it over-assumes what is said in the stimulus, and for that same reason, I am choosing the incorrect answer. The worst part is I feel like I'm not really learning anything because I just keep guessing. The only pattern for incorrect answers that I've been able to identify is when the wording is too broad. I (for the most part) understand the explanation videos but have no idea how I'm supposed to think that way when I'm actually doing the quizzes/drills. I can't articulate this as well as I had hoped, but I'm hoping someone else who has experienced this could provide strategies, approaches, etc. that helped them.

For reference, I scored a 143 on the diagnostic with no prior studying, and am hoping to take the June LSAT.

Comments

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

This is how I approach MSS.

These questions are often not arguments but a series of premises. There won’t be any conclusion in the stimulus because the AC is the conclusion that is supported by the premises (stimulus).

Read the stimulus. Understand what it is saying. Say it to yourself in your own words. When you approach the AC, remember that you want an AC that is easily supported. Stay away from strong conclusions, “will not, should not, absolutely not.” This has helped me greatly and I hope this helps you, too.