Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experimental Section in August?

hanwu8611hanwu8611 Core Member
edited April 2 in August 2023 LSAT 22 karma

Everywhere else I read says LSAT has gone back to having a fourth unscored section. But looking at the three options offered on the prep tests here confused me a little. To confirm, will there be an experimental section for the August LSAT?

The prep test starting page gives the three options below:
- Legacy 4-section LSAT (LG, LR, LR, RC)
- Current 3-section LSAT(LG, LR, RC)
- August 2024 3-section LSAT (LR, LR, RC)

Plus, it seems like in the past the experimental sections has always been LR. Is it possible that the August test could have an additional RC question instead? How did the LSAC test new RC questions in the past?

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1452 karma

Hi @hanwu8611

Yes! The August 2024 LSAT will have an experimental section. The format for the August 2024 LSAT will be 2 LR sections, 1 RC and 1 experimental section that could either be LR or RC.

To clarify, PrepTests 1-89 are all the "old" style LSAT that has 4 scored sections (2 LRs, 1 RC, and 1 LG). The experimental section is not included in the PrepTests released by LSAT.

While, PrepTests 90, 91, and 92 has 3 scored section and 1 variable experimental section (LR, RC, or LG). The variable experimental section is automatically excluded from your score.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

• hanwu8611hanwu8611 Core Member
    22 karma

Great thank you for the clarification!