Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do now with LG gone?

Trying2learnTrying2learn Core Member
in General 11 karma

I was planning to study for the August 2024 LSAT but now that LG is gone, should I just stop studying it? How does this affect the core curriculum of 7sage, are they just going to remove it? From now on, do I just stop doing the LG section on PTs?

So confused, please let me know what you all are going to do.

Comments

• gaguerrero3380-1gaguerrero3380-1 Core Member
    edited October 2023 6 karma

It's just a test. You have time to adapt your studying. You now have only two types of sections to study for.

• weil ill be damnedweil ill be damned Core Member
    33 karma

it is a bit of a predicament. suddenly we're inheriting a type of test that hasn't fundamentally changed since the 1990s. the good thing is they're simplifying it, not complicating it. just shift your focus from LG to other areas. i'm sure 7sage is scrambling to adjust their curriculum for the next year.

• il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Live Member
    270 karma

I'm not quite sure what to do either and would love some advice. My first thought when I saw the news was "AWESOME!! Now I don't have to study for it and can hone in on LR and RC." I really am not good at LG and have not completed that part of core curriculum yet. However, I realized that means if I want to take the test more than once in hopes of a better score, but still be able to apply as early as possible in fall '24.... I'm kinda screwed. I previously wanted to take my first one early summer '24 so that I could take it again if needed in August and still apply super early for 2025 entry into law school. But now it seems like a complete waste of time to spend months studying LG just for it to be irrelevant if I took it again in August. I also feel like I will do substantially better on a NO LG test then one with LG.... So yeah.... I have no clue what to do now. I guess I have quite some time to figure it out.

Please give advice or let me know if you are in the same predicament. I wish they would've made the change go into effect by June.

• agapeh728agapeh728 Live Member
    27 karma

@il-legally-brunette I would aim on taking it first time in August then possibly retaking in September if needed! That’s what I’ll probably do and you can still get your apps in early if you do that!

• elsokol97elsokol97 Live Member
    edited October 2023 17 karma

i'm celebrating. i am amazing at lr and rc. lg were my weakness

• elsokol97elsokol97 Live Member
    17 karma

@il-legally-brunette take in august and sept. most early decision is in november. just make sure you have all your materials ready to go! --letters of rec, etc.

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

If you're only planning on taking August 2024+... just don't study LG. If you want to take before August, study LG.

• anuhya_abbarajuanuhya_abbaraju Core Member
    5 karma

New to studying for LSAT. Just got 7Sage but I’m not sure which version to study on. I do like videos more and I see version 1 has more of them. V1 is not outdated correct? What version should I study? What are the pros and cons of each basically? Thanks in advance!

• hernandezandy0hernandezandy0 Core Member
    13 karma

I just finished studying LG in the V1 core curriculum. I had planned to take the exam in June of 2024 but with the recent changes, I need to take it in August of 2024 and beyond.

We are still 9 months out from test date. That is ALOT of time for PT's, BR, and improvement. Because I have not yet had the change to get to PT's or develop a range where I'm comfortable with, I am throwing out logic games entirely in anticipation of the August 2024 test and beyond.

In my very limited experience, I believe the question test-takers have to ask themselves is really, "Am I at a point where me getting an excellent LSAT score is contingent on -1 or -2 LG?". For me, that answer is no. So I'm doing the above. May not be the case for everyone but do yourself a favor and plan for one or the other. I don't see the benefit of studying for one version before August and then readjusting after August.

You got this!

Also, because it's fun;

Optimal pre August LSAT score --> Success on Logic Games.

For me, ~Success on Logic Games;

QED; ~Optimal Pre-August LSAT Score.

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    304 karma

what a silly question

• BMJ-the oneBMJ-the one Core Member
    12 karma

The LSAT exam is not a sprint, it's a marathon, pace yourself responsibily. LG takes more time to master it. it is a waste of time if you are aiming at 170+ and you have the whole year to study like many of us here.

• RelentlessRelentless Core Member
    331 karma

https://7sage.com/the-new-lsat/

Reading the above post may help.

• weil ill be damnedweil ill be damned Core Member
    33 karma

it is a bit of a predicament. suddenly we're inheriting a type of test that hasn't fundamentally changed since the 1990s. the good thing is they're simplifying it, not complicating it. just shift your focus from LG to other areas. i'm sure 7sage is scrambling to adjust their curriculum for the next year.

• LivinLaVidaLSATLivinLaVidaLSAT Live Member
    655 karma

Don't overthink it. Just stop doing LG.