Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Scored 5 points lower on most recent practice exam - 7Sage Forum

Scored 5 points lower on most recent practice exam

lizbethhan02lizbethhan02 Live Member
in General 30 karma

The first practice exam I took I got a 155, which I was pretty happy about considering it was my first PT. On my second, most recent PT however, I scored a 147. Does anyone have any good study recommendations/tips and tricks? I’ve been studying a lot but I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.

Comments

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    322 karma

Depends on how much time has passed between your diagnostic and your most recent PT. 1 week? Yeah probably just down to typical variation and still learning the mechanics of the LSAT. Several months after having completed the curriculum? Then there might be some problems.

So, have you completed the curriculum or are you still working through it? How long have you been studying so far? Are you Blind Reviewing? Are you Drilling? Are you Wrong Answer Journaling? BUT, most importantly, are you taking care of your own mental and physical health?

Sorry to pepper you with so many questions, but some more context on what you've been doing so far would help diagnose the issue I think.

• 47 karma

I was in this position a few weeks ago, and personally I think it was because I had been less intentional in my studying leading up to a practice test. Everyone is different, but I've found that if you're really understanding why you got each question wrong and drilling specific question types (as opposed to just watching the videos and seeing what the right answer is), you'll be able to get a consistent, or higher score, each time you take one.

Hopefully this is helpful!

• beyondpossumbeyondpossum Live Member
    89 karma

Numerical progress is not perfectly linear since different concepts are tested at different difficulties on each PT. Go by fluctuations in the mean/quartiles of your last five exams to see if youre making progress. And keep on truckin'.

• anglindsanglinds Core Member
    8 karma

My first I did respectably. I did a second and did a little better. I did a third and the score was 5 points lower than that, the lowest of any I got. For me it was useful to look at the conditions of myself and my surroundings at the time. I was overly tired, there were a lot of distractions, and it just went poorly all around. After that I made sure to do them at a time of day when I would not have distractions and could be well-positioned for better success.

• hjklsa1738hjklsa1738 Live Member
    3 karma

Sometimes it just happens. Just review what you got wrong and keep working. Don't let it get to you